All of the Sydney Food News You Need to Know
For all your Sydney food moments.
There’s plenty to celebrate this year, from new menus to restaurants throwing parties, bottomless brunches, and more.
Here, we have the latest on Sydney’s food news from chefs taking over restaurants, to limited-edition menus, and feasts for all your friends to enjoy.
- Chef Nelly Robinson is taking inspiration from the stage to launch a new menu at Nel— A trip to Broadway. The 11-course degustation experience is a nod to Broadway classics including Wicked, Oliver Twist, Harry Potter and many more. Think a wand-like skewered squid tube filled with mushroom cream, topped in beetroot flour and lightly fried. The A Trip to Broadway menu will be available for dinner bookings and Saturday lunch from August 24 to November 6. Book here.
- Calling all doughnut lovers, Donut Papi has teamed up with Cointreau to create two exclusive doughnut flavours: the Original Margarita and Coconut and Ginger Margarita. The special release is to celebrate Father’s Day, but everyone with a sweet tooth will love it. Donut Papi will be selling these from their Redfern store, and these tasty gifts will also be available to order online to be delivered straight to dad, making Father’s Day easy for those wanting the perfect gift. The doughnuts will be sold individually for $8, but they will also be available as a gift pack of nine doughnuts for $63. Buy here.
- Sydneysiders, all of your fried chicken dreams are about to come true. Just in time for the winter chill, the legends over at BUTTER are teaming up with Spotify’s A1 to launch a limited-edition menu, curated by three local hip-hop artists. Starting from $25 you can get everything from Canadian to Nashville hot chicken sandwiches. Available for two weeks from this Friday 17th June, the A1 menu will be live at BUTTER’s four Sydney locations, including Parramatta, The Rocks, Surry Hills and Chatswood.
- BUTTER is launching an all-new, Impossible Beef Ramen dish to the Butter Ramen Club. The ramen features Impossible Beef and a vegetarian broth. You can get the Impossible Ramen from Butter Surry, Butter Chatswood, and Butter Parramatta for $20 starting, on July 5. Limited numbers are available each day.
- The Bavarian has launched a new OTT menu, and it comes with stacked schnitzels, a board of 5kg wings, and the hottest currywurst you’ve probably ever had. The super-stacked OTT menu items are available at all The Bavarian restaurants across NSW, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, the ACT and in Auckland and Queenstown in New Zealand until Sunday, July 31. Book here.
- Sokyo in The Star has revamped its degustation to include a 19-21 course omakase experience, with chef Chase Kojima and his team slicing, rolling, and serving delicate pieces of nigiri, and hot dishes right in front of you. The experience is something lacking from Sydney, which makes it the hottest seat in the city at the moment. There are only six seats per night, so reservations will be hard to secure, but not impossible. Reservations are from Monday to Thursday and start at 6 pm. Book here.
- Enjoy a Soju tasting and contemporary Korean degustation on a Sydney rooftop. Jung Sung has created an incredible six-course degustation that puts a twist on traditional Korean food with an Australian touch. Expect a theatrical experience, paired with exceptional food, and the chance to learn more about Soju. Think sweet corn dessert, Moreton bay bug, and crispy duck. Book here.